An overview of the VA Loan process
We would like to give our Veterans an overview of what to expect when it comes to VA Loans.
The process for purchasing a home with a VA Mortgage is nearly the same as refinancing with a new VA Loan. Our goal here is to provide a basic understanding of the VA Loan Process for our Veterans and Active Duty Personnel to make the process a bit easier.
If you are purchasing a home, the first step is the loan Pre-Approval. A VA refinance loan doesn't require pre-approval. Here are the most common tasks for a VA Loan Process:
- A VA appraisal must be ordered on all Purchase loans and some Refinances.
- Title insurance is ordered and issued.
- The Veteran will need to shop for Homeowners Insurance (or Hazard insurance) and the new policy must meet the requirements of the new loan
- For refinances, payoffs of mortgages and any debts being consolidated must be ordered and received.
- For purchases and some refinances we will need complete tax returns, W-2 forms, and other employment information. It must be complete and verified.
- Any assets that are being used for loan approval, such as down payment funds, the sources of the assets must be gathered and verified.
- Our VA underwriters must review and assess the validity of all documentation and information gathered during the VA loan process.
- After the VA underwriter has reviewed a file for approval, one of the last steps, then our VA loan processor and your VA loan officer will work together to clear up any final conditions or steps the underwriter is asking for more information or updates on.
- The loan is approved for closing once all underwriting conditions have been cleared by the VA underwriter.
- Final Loan documents can signed by the veteran in his or her own home or at the Escrow company office and await loan funding.
This is a not an all encompassing list of each step that you may expect in the process, it will provide a pretty good idea of the steps involved in the process.
Call the VA Loan Pros at VanDyk Mortgage to get started. We serve California and Washington including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, Ventura, Orange County, San Jose
We proudly offer a full array of Government, Conventional, and Jumbo loan Options including FHA, VA, USDA, FHA Jumbo, VA Jumbo, VA Refinance, Conventional, Jumbo, VA Condo loans, FHA 2-4 Unit Loans, VA 2-4 Unit Loans, FHA 203K Rehab Loans, 5% down Conventional loans, Conventional Condo's OK to 95%, 95% conventional purchase with ZERO Monthly PMI, and more.
Veterans: We are able to help Veterans with a new home purchase with a VA Loan or VA Jumbo Loan as soon as 2 years after Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, or Short Sale (even sooner if Short Sale involved no late payments). Call Today - get back into homeownership!
--> VA Loan Limits for 2018. Learn More - Up to $679,650 with zero money down VA Jumbo Loan
--> VA Loans over the County VA Loan Limit - yes, we allow this: Read more detail on how to get a VA Loan Over your County VA Loan Limit here VA Loans up to $1.5M!
We serve the entire state of California including: Anaheim, Antioch, Bakersfield, Brentwood, Burbank, Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Corona, Coronado, Downtown San Diego, Encinitas, Escondido, Fallbrook, Fremont, Fresno, Hermosa Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Marina Del Rey, Menifee, Monterey, Murrieta, Oakland, Oakley, Oceanside, Ontario, Pasadena , Poway, Rancho Cucamonga, Redlands, Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Marcos, San Mateo, Santa Ana, Santa Clarita, Santa Monica, Temecula, Torrance, Ventura, Vista, and all other CA Cities and areas.
We now serve the entire state of Virginia including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Richmond, Newport News, Alexandria, Hampton, Roanoke, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and all other Virginia Cities, Towns and Counties.
We also serve the entire state of Washington including: Auburn, Bellevue, Bellingham, Bonney Lake, Bothell, Bremerton, Des Moines, Edmonds, Everett, Federal Way, Ferndale, Issaquah, Kent, Kirkland, Lacey, Lake Stevens, Lynnwood, Mercer Island, Mill Creek, Monroe, Montlake Terrace, Mt Vernon, Mukilteo, Olympia, Puyallup, Redmond, Renton, Seatac, Seattle, Silver Lake, Snohomish, Spokane, Sumner, Tacoma, Tumwater, Vancouver, Wenatchee, Woodinville, Yakima and all other WA cities and towns.
All information is subject to change without notice.
Residentional Mortgage Lender registered by the VA Department of Business Oversight
Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee #39449
VanDyk Mortgage is a private company specializing in FHA & VA financing, VanDyk Mortgage Corp is not a government agency. Corp 2449 Camelot Ct SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
copyright 2018 VanDyk Mortgage Corp
Branch address 310 Via Vera Cruz, ste 210 & 211, San Marcos, CA 92078 760-752-4480 direct
NMLS ID: 3035 - VanDyk Mortgage Corp NMLS ID 220268
Brian Skaar - Loan Originator / Branch Manager
NY Disclosure: Website authorization has not been approved by teh New York State Department of Financial Services. Until this website is authorized, no mortgage loan applications for properties located in New York will be accepted through this site.